Friday, May 30, 2008

Vote for Pedro!

I had the dubious pleasure of coming up with the topic this week, so here it is. "If you were running for President, what would your policies be and what would you say to get elected?" (I know, I am deep...like a spoon)

Well, fortunately for me and the rest of the country, there is no way in hell that I would get elected...not that I would want that job! For one thing, there are way too many skeletons in my closets and I would have to explain the whole "yes, I inhaled" thing and the other somewhat reckless periods of my life of which there are probably pictures that I know nothing about.

Secondly, why would anyone want this job? Besides the whole egotistical power trip and ability to use nuclear weapons which probably makes you feel like a superhero thing. Hmm...on second thought.

But really, this is why I would not get elected ~ I would make the wealthy pay more taxes and lighten the burden on everyone else. I would seriously fine the oil/gas company bastards for their ridiculously large salaries and profits while also screwing us without buying us dinner first! I would legalize gay marriage completely (I would also make it OK for them to adopt..yeah, stick that in your pipe and smoke it). I would abolish slavery...ahem, raise minimum wage. People who recycle, use solar energy and other green methods would receive serious tax breaks. Patriot Act and Homeland Security would be a dim memory. And mandatory 6 weeks vacation for every working American!

I think that I would have to hire Jon Stewart as my Press Secretary. Lastly, Air Force One would be redecorated like the Austin Powers plane.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Okay - with that - you would TOTALLY get my vote!