For this week I am asking everyone, describe for me your perfect rainy day. (I know, inspiring, but with all the rain it was this or ask you to come up with what your own ark would have in it!)
I love the rain, seriously, everything about it. I love the way it smells after a good rainstorm, like the whole world has been given a bath. I love watching the birds grabbing the worms off the grass. I love playing in the puddles. I love when I walk outside and brush the rosebushes, and the rain feels so cool on my skin. I love the thunder and lightening storms and could watch and listen to them for hours, even as a kid they fascinated me.
But for, the perfect rainy day would start with getting to lay in bed for an hour longer than normal, with the shades pulled up and the window cracked listening to and smelling the storm outside. Then I would have a nice cup of coffee and watch the rain come down from my kitchen window, for as long as I could get away with. I would then curl up on the couch with the girls and cats, by a nice fire and watch a movie or read my book if I could get away with that. When the rain stopped and the sun came out, we would go outside and jump in puddles, until our pants were drenched. Then we would get to have hot cocoa and a warm bath. For dinner I would make beef stroganoff and drink a nice merlot. Finally, after the kids were in bed, D and I would lie in our bed, in the dark. (I can't go into more detail here, my mom reads this).
1 comment:
PERFECT!!! I, too, LOVE, LOVE rainy days!!!!!!!
Wow! The way you described your perfect rainy day... I want to come live at your house! Girlfriend! Sooo romantic! Your girls and your husband are so extremely lucky they have you!
Post a Comment