Friday, July 10, 2009

Catching Up

I know, I should be a whole lot better about posting on my blog as I have all this time on my hands without having a job right? Wrong! Anyway, I thought I would update on my activities for the past month.

WSOP - D and his dad went to the WSOP in June, then his dad went again here a week ago. They had a great time, my Father in Law won money, my husband, not so much. I didn't really care as I am just glad they got to spend Father's Day together doing something they both like.

Eric Bibb - I went to a concert at the Ogden Nature Center, which is an awesome venue to see a show. It is kind of like Red Butte, without the high prices and crowds. Eric Bibb was awesome and I really enjoyed the show.

Photos - My mom has been asking me for months to do pictures of the three generations - my mom, myself, and my girls. It all started with some frame that she found at a store...typical. So we had her step-son take the pictures and they turned out pretty good. (Even tho I HATE having my picture taken anymore).
















Art Festival - I did get the chance to go to the SLC Art Festival with my old friend Devita. We met up with a friend from HS Jeff and his partner Justin, fortunately for us they got us in free! The fest was great as always, saw lots of things I wanted but managed to only buy two pictures.
Play Dates - It is the summer of playdates for my oldest, friends from school, cousins, etc. Lots of time running through the sprinklers and Lego Indiana Jones on the Wii. Somehow in the midst of all this she is learning cursive. Her dad promised her Lagoon if she could write a paragraph all in cursive by August and she is dead set on earning it.

Books - I have read a lot of books, so I can cross that off my list. My favorite has been Unaccustomed Earth by Jhumpa Lahiri.
Walking - I have worked myself up to about 7 miles a day, when I can get it in.
I know it does not seem like a lot when I look back at it, but in between all that is fights over block towers, multiple meals, baths, crying fights, naps, grocery shopping, etc. Man, going back to work will feel like a vacation!

1 comment:

Olson Family said...

I love the update, Amy! I'm missing you and so it's always good to "climb inside your life" for a minute to get a glimpse of what you're up to. I LOVE the generation pictures! (Though I can't believe you don't like your picture taken anymore! When did that happen?) You're so gorgeous... as is your momma and your girls!!

Love you lots!