OK, there is all this uproar now in our state, and others, about this video that is going around and was shown in a school. Now, the teacher who showed it was in the wrong as this is one of those things that is a hot button, but I feel their intentions were in the right place. Personally, I do not see what the big deal is over this video. The message is to make the world a better place, to do your part and make a commitment to it. Just because one person pledges to support the President completely, does not mean that this is asking everyone to...honestly people blow things so out of porportion. I guess I cannot expect anything less, for where there are politics there is mud-slinging. However, I have shown this to my daughter and we talked about what we can pledge (or make a promise to do as the word is defined) to do to make our world better. The pledge was to oursevles, not our, not our President, but to ourselves. Just as most of those in the video appeared to be.
I have heard some people say that this is one more thing that proves or supports that Obama is a Nazi/Hitler. Calling a person that, anyone that, is so very degrading and disrespectful to those people who were directly impacted by the real Hitler. I, for one, am so very tired of hearing the politicians name calling and fanning the flames, rather than actually working towards making this country and world better. Anyway, that is my two cents and I will jump off my soap box.
In case you feel like looking into making a difference, one website is http://www.serve.gov/
1 comment:
Thank you for posting this, Amy. I hadn't seen or heard anything about this video yet. (As usual, you get me up to speed about our world while I float along dreamily, my head in the clouds, thinking everyone loves everyone and why would anyone think of making a video like this in the first place because don't we ALL make pledges to be better people and make the world a better place and...) So! This was great! And I'm going to show it to my children, too and I, too, hope to have an ensuing, inspiring conversation.
Love ya!!
Post a Comment