Thursday, March 13, 2008

Saying Something Stupid....Doh!

This week Kim asked "What is the stupidest thing that you have ever done?" I don't have one major stupid thing....I have a list.

~ Stayed with Ryan waaayyy to long. You know how you are a stupid teenager and you get caught up in a manipulative relationship and you keep breaking up/getting back together/breaking up...before you finally hit your head against a brick wall and say "I have wasted 3 years on this?"
~ Didn't sell some stock when it was high because I was a greedy little
thing and then lost way more money than I had a right to have in the first place. Yeah, that was dumb.
~ Didn't take the opportunity to travel more or move overseas when I had the chance.
~ Dropped out of college and gave up on being an Art Historian.
~ Compromised on my position to make someone else happy, even though it made me miserable and ruined our relationship.
~ Lashed out at my friends and took too long to apologize for it.

~ Move back home. (Now, mom and dad, don't get me wrong, I love you guys and am very grateful for your generosity and help. I just wish I had experienced that for a longer period of time. I would have starved, but I would have done it on my own damnit!)
~ Not spend more time with my grandparents/aunts and uncles/cousins as an adult.
~ Go into debt all for the love of Nordstroms.
~ Let friends slip out of my life and not make an attempt to hang on to some amazing relationships.
~ Not call someone back after a blind date. (Smartest thing I ever did was call him 4 months later!)
~ I am sure that some people think I should say things like smoke, drink, premartial sex, drugs, etc. But screw that! I am glad for those experiences, and in fact I don't regret any of the above because they made me who I am (enigmaburrito). And I believe in my own humble opinion, that I am a very cool chick.

1 comment:

LostinPlaceKim said...

Oh! The stock! I had forgotten about that. Damn. Gotta add that one to my list. That's such a painful memory. MAN!