So I am behind on my PSS posts....sorry, life with a newborn! (Who is doing great by the way) Shane's question for last week was "Do you believe in Fate/ How has it impacted (or not) your life?"
I definitely think that there are parts to my life that have been planned out for me, so I would say that I do believe it fate. For example, I had a lot of really shitty things happen throughout my life as a kid (not the worst life mind you, but more than most people I knew ever went through). All of that I think prepared me and made me stronger to face the hardship of losing our son and I think it also made me able to help D through it. I am not saying that people are destined for each other or that I have no control in my life, I just feel that there has been intervention and direction from something bigger than me, regardless of what you call it.
That said, I will share my dad's favorite quote about fate and ultimately determination. "There is no chance, no destiny, no fate, that can circumvent or hinder or control the firm resolve of a determined soul."
1 comment:
Oh I like that quote!
Post a Comment