Share with us an event or person that early in your life helped shape who you are today?
There are so many events and people that helped shape my life, that it is difficult for me to just pick out one. Unfortunately, I tend to remember the negative ones, as they either hurt more or seemed to have the most impactful lesson. Instead, I will pick a positive experience. When I was about 11 my mom asked me if I wanted to join the International Order of Jobs Daughters (IOJD or Jobies for short). She had been in it as a young teen/young woman and thought that it would help me come out of my shell, make some friends, and develop a stronger sense of self. She was completely right. One of my dearest friends is a direct result of my being involved in Jobies and I am forever greatful for the experiences, lessons, and opportunities that this provided me. I would hope one day to have my girls join, but the organization is fading fast, so it is hard to say if it will still be around then. I hope it is.
No comments:
Post a Comment