OK, so two things I need to just vent about before I go insane. Please realize, these are my opinions, I am sure you have your own and I respect that, hopefully the reverse is true.
First, what is the big deal with the President making good on a promise to his wife and taking her out for a date to New York? Honestly! There is uproar from the conservative quarter of how inappropriate it is, that he is wasting tax payers money, and that it seems very "un-Presidential". My response is that I am impressed that he keeps his promises, seeing as how the date with Michelle to Broadway was a promise to her he made during the campaign. He draws a salary and him going there is no different than Bush flying to Texas, or something similar. Third, I like a President who leads by example, he invests the time in his children, in his marriage, and most importantly in his job. He does an excellent job of balancing it all.
OK, moving on to something more disturbing. So today, in a house of Worship, in front of his family, a Doctor who happens to perform abortions, was gunned down and murdered by a pro-lifer. I never understand why they do this and how they fail to see the irony, or maybe the do not give a shit. How can you be pro-life and kill someone in cold blood?
1 comment:
I don't know. {long sigh, slow nod} The human race is a mess.
On a positive note, I applaud our president for 1)making good on a promise to the most important person in his life and 2)for keeping his priorities straight.
Good rant, Amy. {pause for a sip of my tea... pondering...} This is one of the many reasons I love you.
Post a Comment