Saturday, September 26, 2009

Wrap Up

Since I am starting back to work in a little over a week, I wanted to evaluate my goals that I mentioned in April for while I am off work. So here is the goal, with the end result-

1. Read, Read, Read - So far I have read over 30 books while I have been off, not to shabby. Alas, the pile next to my nightstand did not shrink, it grew.
2. Go to the Museum - I did go once, but that was not enough for me. It became a matter of time and money unfortunately.
3. Organize the pictures and put them in the album - Mission Completion! I am very happy with how this came out, but of course I now have even more pictures to get developed and in the album.
4. Spring Clean - I donated 6 bags of clothes, 2 bags of toys, and 4 bags of food to our local YCC. The closets are a lot cleaner, but I still do have the bathroom closet and cupboards to clean. Somehow those are the worst and I am just not looking forward to it. I do vow to complete it before I start my new job.
5. Volunteer - I did volunteer some time with my church, but it is not ever enough. Once again this came down to having the free time to do it.

I do have to say that even tho there were times this summer when it was stressful to be low on money and to not have any prospects for employment, I consider it one of the best summers of my life. I was so blessed to be around my children everyday for most of the day and to truly learn more about them as people. I hope my oldest looks back on this summer with happy memories of the time we spent together, and for my baby it has forged an incredible bond between us that I hope to never lose. It could not happened at a better time in my life and I am just so grateful that in the end it all worked out for the best.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you. Sounds like you accomplished alot and made some great memories with your family.

Olson Family said...

Aaahhh. Sounds so peaceful and... accomplished!! I love your perspective on life and the way you LIVE so fully, completely!