Saturday, February 9, 2008

Grow Up

Do you ever feel like you are still in high school even though you are all grown up? Why is it that some people have the need for drama in their lives? I keep wondering why it is necessary for people who are well into their late thirties to decide that they need a big group of friends to go party with, that they have to date, create gossip, and consistently act/dress/behave as if they are 18. It is a breed of person I will never understand. I mean, I get the whole "you are divorced/newly single/newly married" and want to still be crazy thing, but then at the same time they worked so hard to find the man/woman to marry and settle down with. What the hell?

Personally, I see no need for the drama, the tears, the drunken nights of not remembering what I did and if anyone took pictures. Maybe it is so they have something to talk about. Maybe it is that there is a deep desire to feel young, needed, wanted. Maybe it is an extreme lack of confidence in themselves. Maybe it is just a lack of their wanting to grow up. Whatever it is a lack of, entertainment as an observer is not lacking.

No comments: