This week Kim asked us about our best and worst Valentines day. I honestly do not have a worst, but I have 2 best, 10 years apart.
The first one was 1995, my first valentines with D. He had never been to Las Vegas, which surprised me, so I decided it would be a fun getaway. This was back in the day when the Southwest flight was $20 each way and our room was $39 a night at Treasure Island. We had a blast, went to the Hard Rock, had dinner at the Camelot, wandered around, shopped, caught Dennis Miller and a "Boylesque" show. The part I remember the most is the actual Valentines day there was the most beautiful sunset that we watched as we walked back to our room, he bought me a single red rose, a bottle of wine, and gave me the best, most romantic bath of my life!
Fast forward to 2005, I had one a nights stay at the Alaska Inn from work. We went to the Olive Garden and got dinner to go, then headed up to the B & B. The room was the biggest cabin they had, which was bigger than our first house together. It had a nice kitchen, a tub in the middle of the room by the fireplace, and everything else you could want. We had a wonderful evening eating our dinner, watching a movie, and taking another awesome bath together.
Not surprising, my favorite Valentines have nothing to do with what I received in the way of a material present, but more with the love I received from this amazing man that I am fortunate to have in my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment