This week Kim asked "If you were told you have an incurable disease, and have less than a year tolive. Would you take treatment, that would make you sick, but be able tolive more than a year. Or have only the quoted time and be healthy for mostit? And.. what would you do with the time? "
I really cannot say until I am in this situation, which I hope to God to never be in. For me, what I THINK I would do is easy. I would not tell a soul, I would cut back my hours, I would spend quality time with my girls doing things that they will remember all their lives. I would take a vacation to Ireland and Scottland with my husband. I would go on a road trip with my mom. I would hang out with my dad for a while. I would spend time with my friends - going to movies, bungee jumping, having coffee and talking. I would reread my favorite books and watch my favorite movies. I would go to the museum once a week. I would lie in the sun and get really tan. I would take up smoking, drinking, and recreational drugs on the weekend (dead anyway right, might as well enjoy it). I would paint a picture, I would finish writing the book for my girls about my life. I would make all the funeral arrangements so no one else has to. Then when I knew it was getting close and I was getting sicker, I would tell my family and spend my last few weeks or days with just them.
No comments:
Post a Comment