Sunday, March 22, 2009

Chelsea

A very dear friend of mine lost her oldest child, her 8 year old daughter on Friday. We don't know why, we don't know how, we just know that our lives will never be the same. She was a very dear friend to Missy G, so this news had a major impact on her today. I could not sleep, so I had to write...this is what came out.

A beautiful girl, so gentle and sweet,
A more pure soul, you are unlikely to meet
A child so brave, such inner strength and grace,
With the most angelic smile and a cherubs face

A young girl, so deep and true,
With eyes like the sea at its most blue
Bright, caring, and adventurous,
She brought out the best in all of us

Gone too soon from our lives, much too early to depart,
Her absence has left a river of broken hearts,
From this pain we all want to be free,
We miss you and will always love you Chelsea

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was beautiful Amy. Im sitting here in tears. They talked about Chelsea at church today... a few families knew her (from going to the preschool and whatnot). Such a hard thing. I cant imagine... Makes me hug my kids a little longer.

A said...

Thanks, I did not feel it was great, but just had it on the mind and had to get it out. I would never wish this pain on anyone...I am just so heartbroken for them. Never thought one of my dear friends would go through it too.