There was no Project Say Something this week (ahem...Julian), so I have made up my own topic since it has been on my mind. The question or topic is, what do you want to be when you grow up?
I know, silly because I am grown up and I should bloody well know this by now. But, I don't. Here I am searching for a job, searching for a path in my life and not knowing where to go, what to choose, what it is I am "supposed" to be doing. Sure there is the Art Historian working in a museum thing, but I am not qualified and cannot go back to school for it. So it is what do I do with the talent and skills that I have? What it really has taught me is the value of steering my girls in the direction of their dreams. Doing everything I can so that they enjoy their lives, enjoy their work, and feel fulfilled.
I guess what I want is to work somewhere that allows me to grow, that is stable, where I can stay until I retire, that offers good benefits, that encourages me to have a life, and pays me enough to have money left over for vacations and the girls college fund. I have faith it is out there, I just have to be open to it.
No comments:
Post a Comment