Monica this week asks us what event, good or bad, from 2008 defines the year for us. (or something like that)
I have three moments - 2 good and 1 bad.
The good both occurred in April, the first was finishing my bachelors degree after so many freaking years, struggles, challenges, heartache, tears (not just over my math class either), etc. The second came two days later with the birth of my second daughter. The relief of having her in our lives and free from SMA is more than I can express. She is my joy.
The bad was losing my job, the perfect job. I knew I loved that job, but like most things you do not realize how great it was until it is gone. The best thing about it was the freedom and trust that they gave me, something really lacking in my new position. At my previous job I worked alone 90% of the time in the office, I could bring my daughter in after I picked her up at school so she could hang with me and do her homework, I had great benefits, great pay, Fridays off. It was unbelievable! And now....now I am stuck. I just hope things change soon with this new year, but I also know that I am fortunate to just have a job. And in the long run, who knows what will come of it...it might be just what I need for this year and this point in my life. (I know, it sounds like I am having a positive attitude doesn't it? That is because I am a good bullshitter)
No comments:
Post a Comment