Tuesday, January 6, 2009

This week Lisa asks "If you had to make a choice between lowering your chances of being diagnosed with breast cancer by taking a pill for 5+ yrs, but dealing with some pretty brutual side effects (hot flashes, changes in libido, depression, possible increase of other cancers, etc) would you do it? "

I think this is a no brainer that yes I would do it. But then it depends on how significantly it lowers my chances. I remember having a conversation with my husband shortly after his mom died of breast cancer about the treatment his mom had been through and how hard it was on her, what it did to her physically. I said that I would not go through all that chemo and radiation to just prolong my life for a few months, as those few months would be miserable. I guess I really cannot answer unless I am in that position, which I hope not to be. It is just a personal choice that you have to make.

No comments: