Shane in all his sneaky, yet annoying wisdom asked us this week about the last time we lied, who was it to, and why.
So I told him that at first I was "meh" about this question. Then after some discussion with said annyoning PSS Master, I came to realize that it really is a good question. So here it is confession time.
I lied today, when I told a coworker that I was happy working there. Why did I do that? Well, because the truth can't get back to the head honchos, or they would shit can me before I had the opportunity to find something else. So, instead I will suck it up and lie to the people there, all the while realizing that they hate it just as much as I do, but no one is brave enough to say anything or do anything about it.
I know, I am breaking a cardinal rule here by talking about work. But, I am trying to be as vague as possible to protect the totally deranged.
I really try not to lie that much, but we all do it, for a variety of reasons. I want to protect other's feelings, I want to avoid confrontation, I like to keep secrets, I spent too much money when I knew better...you know, the usual.
No comments:
Post a Comment