I have gone through my husband's comic books and picked his incredibly full of usesless information mind for what would be the perfect super-power. First I thought of invisibility, but decided that while it is cool and very useful, there are other things I would rather do. Then I thought of the ability to absorb power from someone else and use it as your own. Unfortunately this can have some serious consequences. Next I thought of strength and the ability to fly, but I would be expected to use that for the good of the planet or some shit like that and I am way to lazy for that. I also thought of cloning myself at will, but decided that could be way too complicated.
Next I thought of what it is I would want. Not just a superpower to have one, but what I really want from it. What I really would want is time, more time or more accurately more freedom. So I think I would want the ability to travel through time. I would not change things, because I honestly believe you should not mess with that (too many Twilight Zone episodes prove that theory out). Instead I would go back in time to buy land, bet on horses, invest in stocks. That way I would have enough money in this time that I could do what I wanted and also donate it to worthy causes like a cure for SMA, Cancer, and MS. I would travel, I would spend time with all the people I love, I would teach the kids things, I would read books, I would go to the gym and for long walks, I would just be. Be in the moment instead of worrying about everything.
Next I thought of what it is I would want. Not just a superpower to have one, but what I really want from it. What I really would want is time, more time or more accurately more freedom. So I think I would want the ability to travel through time. I would not change things, because I honestly believe you should not mess with that (too many Twilight Zone episodes prove that theory out). Instead I would go back in time to buy land, bet on horses, invest in stocks. That way I would have enough money in this time that I could do what I wanted and also donate it to worthy causes like a cure for SMA, Cancer, and MS. I would travel, I would spend time with all the people I love, I would teach the kids things, I would read books, I would go to the gym and for long walks, I would just be. Be in the moment instead of worrying about everything. I would like to think I would use my power to be a superhero, but honestly if I were one it would be like Batman. A superhero teetering on the edge with a dark side, a very dark side. (If you want to create your own superhero, go here like I did.)
No comments:
Post a Comment