This past Friday D and I celebrated our 10 year wedding anniversary. We did not do much for it being such a big anniversary. We had dinner at MacCools Pub in Layton, and instead of going to a movie we did our usual date event and went to Grounds for Coffee and played 5 games of backgammon. I won 3 of 5, but I have a feeling he let me! For his present I had given him a laptop and I wrote him a love letter. He gave me 3 treatments at the spa and the sweetest card (who could ask for more really?) I can hardly believe it has been 10 years, as it really does feel like yesterday. We started dating in August of 1994, so we actually have 14 years under our belt...we passed the 7 year itch test twice! Our first date was an Ogden Raptors baseball game (well, technically our first date was a blind date in February '94 and I did not call him back for a few months, but that is another story). 
Through these years together I have changed careers 3 times, he has retired from work, we have had 3 children and watched helplessly as one died in our arms. We have gone through my parents divorce and their re-attachments to other people. We fought cancer with his mom and lost. We have moved houses. We have had 2 car accidents and 2 new vehicles. We have fought and made up. We have laughed more often than not. 

D has made me learn so much about myself, love, family, and devotion. I adore my husband, for more reasons than I could ever list here. He is such an amazing man, caring and supportive husband, true friend, and unbelievably patient and loving father. Love you D!
No comments:
Post a Comment