Thursday, April 3, 2008

My Life as a Comic Book

In the story of your life, who plays The Hero, The Villain and The Trusty Sidekick?

I would not say that I have one hero in my life, I have several. Limiting it to just one seems unfair at best and just mean at worst. My daughter is a big hero of mine (She even has her own secret identity "Super Butterfly Girl"!). I consider her a hero because she is the person I would like to be. She is funny, smart, kind, sassy, independent, beautiful, and full of surprise and wonder. My husband is my hero for more reasons than I can name. He makes me laugh everyday (I even have the wrinkles to prove it!), he thinks I am sexy and beautiful when I feel my worst, he loves me completely, he is generous, kind beyond words, supportive, romantic, very much a real man, and the best dad I have ever seen. My mom is my hero for really so many reasons, but mainly for being the kind of mom that turned into a best friend.

My villain is really myself. I am my own worst enemy. I sabotage myself, I lack self-discipline, and will power, and I beat myself up more than anyone else could. So while I may like myself and have a healthy self-esteem, I also am harder on myself and in fact a villain to myself at times.

My sidekick is the one and only EggieBaby! That girl is with me through thick and thin, good times and bad, and will always have my back. She lets me decorate her house, is always up for anything we want to do, and understands me better than most people. She is definitely the person that would end up in a jail cell next to me laughing and saying "well that was fun!"

No comments: