Saturday, April 12, 2008

Top Chef!

This week the "other Kim" asks What is your favorite home cooked meal/why.. and what is your favorite recipe (please include it).

My favorite home cooked meal has got to be just about anything my mom makes. Seriously, she is an awesome cook. Some of my favorites are Lasagna, Shrimp Fettucine, Shrimp Salad, and her Thanksgiving/Christmas dinner. I have taken over some of her recipes and use them now with my family, so not surprising that become favorites there. What I have discovered is that I do not like to follow the recipe once I have made something once or twice. I know how it goes together, so I always feel free to improvise. (My mom would never do this, perish the thought!) For my family their favorites are Chicken Enchildada, Linguini w/ clams, Chicken w/ wild rice, and my BBQ sauce.

Here is my favorite recipe, it is for a Tom Collins (and I would love one right now...bartender!)

2 oz gin

1 oz lemon juice
1 tsp superfine sugar
3 oz club soda
1 maraschino cherry
1 slice orange

In a shaker half-filled with ice cubes, combine the gin, lemon juice, and sugar. Shake well. Strain into a collins glass almost filled with ice cubes. Add the club soda. Stir and garnish with the cherry and the orange slice.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Don't you have something way cooler to tell us?