Wednesday, April 2, 2008

School House Rock

There is something about the Spring time that makes me think about my oldest friends. Maybe it is the crazy spring break when everything went wrong, but we said fuck it and had fun anyway. Perhaps it is the idea of kids graduating and I reflect on my own graduation night (and party...talk about a cluster, cops were called, friends threw up on friends, most of us were way to drunk for 18....ah good times!) Whatever it is, I am missing my friends something desperate (Devita, Sharon, Lupe...you know who you are). It is not necessarily that I would want to go back to High School, God I hated High School. (Speaking of that have you seen the ad for the show about people from different cliques reuniting 20 years after graduating to live in a house together?? Some new reality show. Frankly I would rather have to have a pap smear everyday of my life.)
Anyhoo....here I am thinking of my friends who live across the country and the world and wishing we could sit around with some cups of coffee, a banana split, and a big plate of nachos talking until 6 a.m. I want to go to the drive in and sneak people in in the trunk, I want to play capture the flag at 9 p.m. in the city park and have the cops surround us, I want to take a sluff day and go up to the Monastery for bread/honey and sit on the beach at the dam all day, I want to go dancing at DV8 (but it burned to the ground). Unfortunately, I am limited at the moment due to distance and the fact that I am a beached whale. So I settled for digging up some old pics and making a playlist for me and the friends.







Me and Lupe
















Me and Sharon






Me, Lupe, Devita, and Sharon







My Old School Playlist
Pass the Dutchie - Musical Youth
Antmusic - Adam Ant
I Wanna be a Cowboy - Boys Don't Cry
Small Town Boy - Bronski Beat
Headhunter - Front 242
White Lines - Grandmaster Flash
Come Dancing - The Kinks
Girlfriend in a Coma - The Smiths
Cool for Cats - Squeeze
Take Me Now - Vicous Pink
Pop Music - M
Everyday is Halloween - Ministry
88 Lines About 44 Women - The Nails
It's My Life - Talk Talk
Victim of Love - Erasure
Mexican Radio - Stan Ridgway
Situation - Yaz
Save a Prayer - Duran Duran


1 comment:

Tor said...

Amy, Great post and what a great song list!!

Vic