Saturday, August 23, 2008

Favorites - Olympics

I have decided to do a new thing as I just do not have enough to blog about sometimes. I have 'started thinking about lists of things that are my favorites; TV Shows, designers, artworks, songs, etc. So once a week, or more, I will post a list of my 5 favorites for a random topic. Feel free to play along. (Soliloquy - it is very possible with me being me and the way my mind works that I will go beyond 5 from time to time. I humbly apologize in advance, chalk it up to my being horrible at math or my inability to self-edit, take your pick).

In honor of the Olympics I am doing my five favorite Summer Olympic Events:

1. Gymnastics - mainly the team event as it has so many more variables, but all gymnastic events are by far the most stressful to watch.
2. Swimming - it was especially fun this year with Phelps.
3. Track - I like all the running events that are sprints, but the steeple chase is awesome also.
4. Equestrian - I have a soft spot for this as this is the event I had the privilege of seeing in LA in 1984, but mainly what I like about it is that men and women, young and old all compete together at the same time.
5. Diving - I particularly like the synchronized diving, but all of it is incredible to watch. There is always that Greg Louganis fear in the back of my head though.

No comments: