Monday, September 1, 2008

I am Woman...

It took me a few days to really digest John McCains pick for a Vice President. At first I was elated as I was so glad that he decided to just hand the Presidency over to Obama. But then I really started thinking about what his selection means. I personally feel that maybe 10% of his pick was because of Mrs. Palin's beliefs and her conservative stance. The rest of it is because she is young (therefore trying to appeal to the younger voters), she is attractive (as a former beauty queen this might appeal to the men) and lastly, but most importantly, he selected a woman to appeal to women voters.

I am sure that his campaign thinks that those Democrats or Independents who supported Hillary are still upset and will not vote Obama, so why not make his side more appealing by adding a woman? OK, first off I find this not only condescending, but sexist as well. Are you implying that we can not think for ourselves, that somehow just because this woman has the same anatomy she automatically deserves my vote? Even though she disgusts me as a woman for her stance on our rights, her righteous indignation as to what she believes are core family values, and let's not even mention the squeaky voice! Senator McCain, by your choice you have proven that you do not care about women's rights, or women in general...you only care about our votes. And I have no doubt that if you received enough to get elected, you would promptly appoint Supreme Court Justices who would take away our rights to an abortion and continue to ensure that equal pay does not relate to us.

I wonder if Cindy and your daughters, or sons for that matter, are proud of how you use women?

No comments: