Monday, September 15, 2008

Things I struggle with....

~ Being around/hearing from/knowing people who fill the need to tell you how great and wonderful there life/marriage/kids are. All this tells me is that you are insecure, so do us both a favor and shut your cake hole.

~ Double standards of any kind. For example, women that get all bitchy and possessive about their husbands/boyfriends and anything they might have done in their past, but then expect their past behavior to be a non-issue.

~ People that believe that gay relationships are promiscuous or that they cannot commit for long term.

~ Having a daughter that gets all upset on the way home from school about the fact that there is not enough SCIENCE in school for her and how dare the astronomers say that poor little Pluto is not a planet anymore.

~ Small talk. Is it necessary or relevant?

~ Waiting 3+ months for another season of Survivor and the Amazing Race.

~ An economy that is in the toilet.

~ Taking time for myself. I seriously always feel so guilty whenever I do this, which is stupid, I know.

~ People that use other people/manipulative people/"teases". Grow up, this is life, not a game.

~ Those people (you know who you are) that must either be the center of attention or they will make everyone else miserable.

OK, I feel much better now. Thanks.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Maybe people gloat about their marriage/kids/life ect because its the first time in a long time they have had the chance. I personally like to talk about the good that is going on, because the bad can eat you alive if you let it. That doesn't make me insecure, just happy to have good news :)
(I bet that comment is about something specific, but I wanted to share a fresh thought anyway)