Monday, September 22, 2008

Pissed Off!

I am angry, really, really angry and it is my own fault. We have the two cats you know (for all of you cat haters this post will just be validation of your feelings, even though through it all I don't agree with your position). Well the one cat, Isis, has always been a bit of a shit. I cannot tell you how many times I have had to wash a comforter or throw something away because she decided in a fit of irritation with a dirty litter box to pee on it. It is not all the time, just every now and then when we go to long without cleaning out her box. So we get the new kitty, they get along OK, but I doubt they will be BFF.

Well this past weekend, one of them, has decided to pee in the baby's room! It started out with some pajamas that I had put on the floor rather than in the hamper. Then it moved to some teddy bears and a blanket in a rocking chair, but tonight was the last straw. One of the cats peed in her crib! On the blanket, sheet, and the bumper. I am beyond livid, I am pissed! I love cats, have had them my whole life, but have never had this happen. I never had cats (other than one boy cat that had to mark his territory) who did this on clothes and in such specific areas. I am seriously ready to give them away...something I never thought I would do.

So now I am searching the Internet in the hopes of finding some miracle to fix this short of locking the damn animals in a room at night. If you have solutions, please offer them. If you know of a good home for some dumb ass cats, well provide that information too. (Just kidding, or not)

1 comment:

Kim said...

Amy, I have 3 cats. My oldest, Syd, has a habit of showing his irritation with life by peeing on who evers stuff he is pissed off at. When I brought both Jessi and Taylor home he targeted their things. We had to keep the babies room closed most of the time to keep him out, and when we did open the door we had balloons in the crib to freak the cat if he tried to get in there.
I know its not ideal, but the cat will adjust. I think they just show jealousy in the only way they can.
Good luck! I know Vic has wanted to kill out cats more times than I can count!