Sunday, September 28, 2008

Favorite Five Paul Newman Things

In honor of the passing of a great actor and fine man, I am combining my five favorites with a tribute to him.

1. Cool Hand Luke - Not only is this an amazing movie and an incredible performance by Newman, it gave us one of the best lines from a movie of all time.
2. Balsamic Vinaigrette Salad Dressing - By far one of the best out there (and his spaghetti sauces aren't bad either). On top of that he raised millions of dollars for charity with these products.
3. Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid - One of the best Westerns, best buddy flick, and the scenery is incredible.
4. Color of Money - Oscar winning performance.
5. The Verdict - I think, Paul Newman at his finest.

1 comment:

Tor said...

The only Paul Newman films I've seen all the way through were The Sting and The Color of Money. But that is enough for me to see he was a great actor and movie star.
But I loved him for his love of racing. A terrific driver and team owner who stuck by my favorite race series (CART/Champ Car) until it went under this Spring.

I saw him at a few races and, as I have seen and read this last few days, he was a humble racer and average guy on race weekend. He was at every race every week until June and the cancer got too bad.

And he had to be the best looking 80 year old man ever.