This week Monica asks "Tell us about the very FIRST time you saw and/or talked to your current significant other."
I was working in Regis Hair Salon in the Ogden City Mall and a client of a girl I worked with set D and I up on a blind date. I remember when he came in I was stunned by how handsome he is. He was wearing blue jeans, a button up white shirt, and a long tan duster with cool leather trim (it was February and raining). I just remember looking at those blue eyes and getting lost in them. He took me to La Ferrovia Ristorante on 25th St in his little black truck with the cow seat covers (thank God he got rid of that a few months later!) We had a very nice dinner and hit it off amazingly well. I could not believe how easy he was to talk to and how comfortable I felt in his presence. Since I was working at the salon he took me back after dinner, walked me in, we exchanged numbers and he gave me a big hug. He called me several days later and I called him back...in August!
It is a long story, but basically that night sitting across from him, I knew. I knew that he was the man I would spend my life with...and it scared the shit out of me. I had just come off a 3 year relationship from hell and was just not ready. So I dated around, moved out on my owm from my parents house, did some things I am not proud of, and finally called him back. Fortunately he took me out that night and to punish me for my behavior he married me so as to torture me for the rest of my life.
Thanks D, love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment