So tonight after painting all day my husband decided to go do the modern male equivalent of having a few pints with the lads by going to play Gears of War for 6 hours with his best friend - something he seems to do quite regularly. This got me to thinking, why is that men can go do this, or take off and spend hours away from home and not feel guilt? Yet, if I want to take 3 hours one day to go shopping and by much needed underwear, or use my 2 year old gift cards and finally go to the spa, that I feel incredibly, deeply guilty about it? Why is that I will instead decide not to do it, but stay home with the girls and D, because "things need to be done" or I work all week, or whatever?
This really frustrates me and I know that I am not the only one. I really wish I could just not care and be selfish, take the time to do something for me because I deserve it. I need to make some resolution to treat myself better. I need to give myself permission to take time out of life for me.
1 comment:
No, you're definitely not the only one.
Post a Comment