Saturday, November 1, 2008

Time Flies


I meant to do this post on Halloween, but as you can imagine, that night was a little busy with the two little ones. This October 31st marked my oldest's 7th birthday. I can hardly believe that the time has gone by as it seems like just yesterday. This year was very sad for me because she is not a little girl at all anymore, she is just a girl. Growing up, wanting to trick or treat with friends, wanting presents that are more what the older kids are doing. So it is with both pride and regret that I approached this birthday.

Regret that it went by so fast and there were many, many things that I wanted to do for her or accomplish by now, but did not. Regret that I will never have those days back again of her as a little baby wanting to snuggle on my lap and fall asleep with me on the "big bed".

But, more important I am full of pride in the young lady she has become. I have watched her when I drop her off to her school in the morning and she will always hold open the door for anyone coming behind her, even if it means that she has to stand there for a whole minute while she watches them cross the parking lot. I wonder where she learned to be so caring and compassionate and then think, I don't care where. I am just glad she did and is that person. I watch with pride as she devours any book put in front of her and am amazed everyday at what she knows, how she thinks, and where her mind takes her.

She is truly a gift and I am so blessed to have her as my daughter. I cherish every memory and moment of the past 7 years and eagerly await everyday, every new experience that I have with her. (I just hope that time slows down a little!!)

No comments: