Thursday, November 6, 2008

Sinnergirl...Where You Gonna Run To?

Out of the seven sins (Lust, Gluttony, Greed, Sloth, Wrath, Envy, Pride) which one is your favorite and which one (if different) are you most guilty of? Same question with the seven virtues (Prudence, Justice, Restraint, Courage, Faith, Hope, Love).

To start with, I am guilty of all these sins, no question. However, the sin that is my favorite is lust as it honestly is the most fun. I mean, if I am going to sin, I would rather do it drooling over these people than by stuffing my face or laying around in my pajamas all day. The one that I am most guilty of is Sloth. That seems unbelievable to me as I am always doing things and running around like crazy, but deep down, way deep under all that under used muscle I am lazy. There I said it. I am lazy, lazy, lazy!! I will procrastinate my way out of anything and put off doing things that I do not want to do until it is absolutely necessary. The good part of this is that I work well under pressure and am actually capable of completing a 2,000 word essay that I only researched the night before in 3 hours and still pull an A on it. So I think that encourages it. I know I should actually get out of bed when my alarm goes off and exercise, but I would rather crawl back to bed, 6 or 7 times after hitting snooze and then get up only when I do not have any more time left to spare if I want to make it to work on time. I know I should clean the house, do the laundry, cook some fabulous meal, call family, go through photos, pay bills, etc., etc., instead of reading or watching TV, but did I mention I am lazy?

Of the seven virtues courage is my favorite. It is the one that people seem to talk about the most as if they have it, but the people who truly do never talk about it. It is something that is deep inside everyone and comes out under the most surprising circumstances. I am most blessed with the virtue of hope. Not that I feel I have a lot of that at times, but I certainly have more of that than I do of prudence or restraint. I also know that I have a good sense of justice and am deeply concerned with what is fair, but then, who am I to judge? As for faith and love, I do not feel that I ever give enough of those of myself to others. So I will not count those as my strongest virtues since I am continually working on being more loving and faithful. No way in hell I am ever going to achieve restraint however!

No comments: