Do you ever have those times when you think to yourself "I wish I had style"? I am not talking about your own individual sense of style, I am talking about good style. (Which maybe your own individual style is good, who am I to say?) All I know is that I feel that my style sense sucks sometimes. I have ideas of things I want to do, but then I never have the money to do them. That or my better half finds them weird, so I don't do them. But I look at some people and the things they do, the way they dress and I wish that I could pull it off. I would seriously love to go on "What Not to Wear" and have them fix me, but then I do not think I am bad enough to qualify. (I could be wrong, I have been known to be delusional on occassion)
Here is an example of what I mean~
Our kitchen table set does not match, not in the slightest. The chairs are those wheel around reclining chairs covered in a brown fabric and I hate them! I would love to just donate the whole damn thing, pick up a table and four non matching wooden chairs with great character that need TLC, paint them funky and go with that. D gives that a weird rating however.
I have no idea how to properly put on foundation or makeup beyond the basic eye shadow and mascara out the door. Seriously. Whenever I have tried I freak out because there is too much stuff on my face and then I feel like some unstylish whore.
I have no curtains on my front windows. We have lived there for 9 years now, never had curtains. For the life of me I cannot figure out what the hell to do. I suppose I should just leave it as their are plantation blinds and it is a beautiful bay window, but I feel like it "needs" something.
I have clothes in my closet that I hang on to because one day I will fit into them again. However, when I do fit into them again they will be about 10 years old. I should just move on.
My favorite coat in my closet is a red "Dead Poets Society" style coat that I got when I was fifteen. Amazingly, it still fits and is in great condition. I also love it. But yeah, it is 21 years old! I think it has been in and out of style 3 times by now.
1 comment:
I totally know where you're coming from. I'm right there with you. How does one "learn" that? I have no idea. I have met some amazing people with some amazing style and it's as if it's just inherent in them. I guess I just missed that. Damn.
Post a Comment