Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Forever in Blue Jeans

Having you in my life again
Is like putting on a well worn pair of faded blue jeans
There is comfort in the feel of the fabric
And the way it molds to my body


Then I nottice the edges are frayed
That stains are set in, never to be removed
And parts of the jeans have holes that can never be repaired,
No matter the patches I find to cover them

I wonder as I look at myself in these jeans
Do they still fit?
Are they an item that belongs in my life?
Or am I wearing them again because they are familiar?

For now, I like wearing them again
I want to inhale the old smell and feel of the denim
I want to be sheltered by their comfort
And they way they complement me

One day they may end up in a heap in the corner
Or lost at the bottom of the closet or forgotten in a drawer
Every day now I will put them on,
Ignoring the stains and holes, and embracing the love

No comments: