Today I went to the Childrens Discovery Museum at the Gateway with my dad and the girls. It was not a bad experience, even though in hindsight I could have stayed in Ogden, gone to the Treehouse Museum, saved money and enjoyed myself just as much, but whatever. While exploring all the museum has to offer, which is quite a bit, we went to the arts and craft room to color and cut out a cute scarecrow so we would have even more craft crap hanging around my house that I secretly throw away while my daughter is not looking (otherwise she will never let me get rid of it!). While coloring said scarecrow, these teenagers come in with their little sister and sit across from us. I am then forced to listen to the following conversation:
Teen 1 - "OMG, my jeans are too big, I need to get new ones".
Teen 2 - "Shut up, mom just bought those for you. Wear a belt. I have some jeans for 5 years."
Teen 1 - "No way I can do that. Jeans go out of style and in a few months people just aren't wearing that style anymore. Besides, they always have to be designer or I won't wear them."
OK, who the hell are these girls and what the hell are their parents doing? I don't give a shit that you can afford to buy them designer jeans, the issue is that the rest of us have to live a world with the materialistic, shallow, self-centered twits that you created! The only saving grace was that one teen seemed decent. But not only was teen 1 a twit in this conversation she stole the basket of colored pencils, the scissors, and the glue that Missy G was using. Yeah, pissed me off a little.
No comments:
Post a Comment