Thursday, October 2, 2008

Further proof.....

that my daughter, Missy G, is weird.
Check out these books she brought home from the book fair. Most little girls buy princess stuff, or stories about horses (she used to really love horses, not so much anymore). Not my girl. Instead we get a vast variety of books on animals and their habits, to add to the gazillion other books on animals she has. One on creatures of the deep that has real photos of fish from WAY down on the bottom of the ocean. The picture freaks me out! Then the two she had to get on how to "talk" to her cat and care for it. Finally, there is the Monsters and Villians from the movies and literature book. I am telling you, when I was a little girl there is no way I would have picked up this book, let alone bought it and read it before I go to bed. The pictures are not that bad, and it does tell all about them, where they are from, what they eat (people!). But it just seems scarier than she would want to go. Personally, I think she just wants to study and learn everything about everything.

I guess I cannot blame her. From 12 years on Stephen King has been my favorite author and I have spent many a night wondering why I read them, only to anxiously await the next one. Still, the kid is weird. Did I tell you she borrowed over 200 books from the library this summer? Read them all. Combine that with the books she owns and that is about 400 books! I so appreciate that about her and am glad that we instilled that love in her. But I have to wonder if she is a little obsessed. She insists that we put on one of her books on CD for her to listen to as she falls asleep....after she has read 10 books and been told for the 6th time to turn off the light and go to sleep! See.....weird.

No comments: