Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Thoughts on the Debate

If you are tired of me talking about politics, are not interested in my viewpoint, or want to vomit because of how long this process seems to be taking, then look away my son. These are my thoughts on tonights debate:

It was my favorite so far. They were both engaged, the level of discussion and rebuttal was great and they both were able to come across with their points. Obama won, hands down, but McCain did better.

The topic of "taking the high road" with the ads was great and Obama was able to discuss the issue, once again, while McCain just whined about the "you didn't do town halls with me". Someone call the wahmbulance! Not to mention that he lost control of Palin and seems to be allowing her to incite riots and hatred at her rallies.

The mention by McCain that Obama is like the other "extreme enviornmentalists" because he wants nuclear power to be safe. Right...because the rest of us would prefer that it be unsafe. That would certainly solve a lot of our problems wouldn't it.

McCain stating that Sarah Palin knows a lot about children with Autism, he mentioned it twice. Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought her son had Down's Syndrome. I realize that they are both special needs, but come on! I mean, that is like saying I understand what having a child with cystic fibrosis is like because I had a son with SMA.

Also, the "spread the wealth" comment by McCain, well why shouldn't we? If given an extra $100 or $500 a year in taxes is going to help 3 families get out of a shelter and be stable, than take it. I will write the fucking check, damnit!

My favorite thing overall is that McCain kept wanting to talk about character, Ayers, Abortion, Joe the Plumber, anything other than the issue. And yet, Obama did a fantastic job of getting it back on track everytime. All in all, McCain looked angry, sighed a lot, and really seemed desperate. Obama looked presidential.

Here is something to ponder...if you combine a Dick (Cheney) + a Bush (George) = Palin. Think about it, she is Cheney in Drag, but appears to be as bad as speaking and as dumb as "W".

No comments: